As the foundation of Seton Cove’s leadership programs, the Leadership Pilgrimage provides leaders an opportunity to reflect on their personal identity and work through a year-long program that includes three retreats. These retreats are designed for the lives of busy professionals who generally don’t make time to renew their spirit and revitalize their understanding and practice of leadership.
Located in the Texas Hill Country, retreats are just far enough away to be accessible while still off the grid of daily life. Retreats are designed to be logistically feasible, beginning on Thursday afternoons and continuing through mid-day Saturday--striking the perfect balance between not missing too much work and not giving up an entire weekend.
The Leadership Pilgrimage mixes individual and group experiences that ultimately allow each person to slow down and regain awareness required to do "inner work" that modern life rarely enables. The use of personal stories, tales from the wisdom traditions, contemporary thinkers, and experiential exercises will facilitate individual reflection and group discussion.
Facilitators: Patricia Speier, D.Min & Joe Barry, MA
Patricia Speier & Joe Barry are both experienced workshop facilitators and master teachers. Patricia is the Executive Director of the Seton Cove. She is an experienced spiritual director, teacher, and retreat facilitator who specializes in the use of literature and writing for spiritual growth and ethical development. She is passionate about the connection between Spirituality and Leadership. Joe has more than twenty-five years of experience in adult education, group facilitation and mediation, leadership development, management consulting, and spiritual formation with leaders at all levels of organizations.
To view a short video on Leadership Pilgrimage click here:
Retreat dates for the 2018 Leadership Pilgrimage:
Feb 15-17, 2018
Jun 21-23, 2018
Sep 13-15, 2018
All retreats are held at Canyon of the Eagles located in the Texas Hill Country.
Program fee: $3,650/$3,290 (non-profits)Includes program materials, lodging, and meals. $750 non-refundable deposit included in fee.
• A desire to be challenged, inspired, and celebrated in their call to leadership.
• Participate in building a community of leaders based on mutual trust.
• Each member is required to attend three, 3-day retreats over a 10-month period.
• Effective leadership flows from the identity and integrity of the person.
• Every person has gifts to offer to the practice of leadership.
• Leaders lead from within, not from external expectations.
• Authentic leadership demands spiritual depth and centeredness.
• Spiritual depth and centeredness flow from a commitment to contemplative practices.